SUBMISSION GUIDELINES for the PATERSON LITERARY REVIEW (PLR)
Submissions for issue #47 (2019) of PLR will be accepted from
June 1 through September 30, 2018.
We do not accept online submissions.
The following types of work will be considered:
- Poems: each under 2 pages, high quality, any style;
- Art: black & white, line drawings, woodcuts, lithographs 8 ½" x 11" or smaller;
- Photographs: 8 ½ x 11", black & white glossies;
- Short stories: under 1,500 words, high quality, no formula stories.
- Memoir: no more than two pieces; two pages maximum.
If your work is accepted for publication, you will be notified by e-mail (please provide) and asked for a biographical statement under 50 words. ( If you do not have e-mail, send an SASE, so that we can notify you.)
A copy of PLR is sent to each contributor.in that issue.
PLR is printed and distributed annually in the spring. You may purchase the latest issue and selected back issues.
Please do not send more than five poems, or one story or memoir.
We do not return poems or stories.
Include a cover page as well as contact information including email on each poem in upper right hand corner.
Simultaneous submissions considered, but please notify us immediately if your poem is accepted by another publication.
SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
Maria Mazziotti Gillan
The Paterson Literary Review
Passaic County Community College
One College Blvd.
Paterson, NJ 07505-1179